Dog Barking Equals Communication
Dogs communicate in many ways, including body language, physical actions such as wagging the tail or biting, and vocalization such as growling or barking. Barking, from dog’s point of view, is generally not abnormal. Unfortunately, barking is not always desired by a dog’s owners. The key to resolving this dilemma is to understand why your dog bark, and take a humane and satisfactory solution.
Common specific causes of dog barking include:
Response to stimuli
Solving the issue of a barking problem is various and depends on the reason for the barking, like environment, how motivated he is to bark, the responsiveness to training and behavioral modification, and your ability to work with your dog. Always remember that there is a reason your dog is barking. So it is important to understand that barking is a normal dog behavior, preventing all barking is unlikely.
For puppies, it may be much easier to teach or train than adults dog because they haven’ t yet learned how to respond inappropriately and they are new to the family. Teaching an adult dog may be a little more difficult because they have developed their own way of handling communication and learned an appropriate way to communicate already.
1. The best solution of dog barking but may not the easiest, is to show your dog that you recognize the cause of the barking and address the specific issue. When the dog barks, the owner should not blame it immediately. It is important to understand their intentions and deal with them symptomatically. If your dog’s bark is low and mixed with painful whimpers intermittently, it is likely that because of physical discomfort or disease, and you should seek medical attention in time. Dogs will bark during mating period.
2. Be aware of accidentally rewarding the dog barking problem. If your dog barks when you put him outside, letting him back in is exactly what he wants you to do and hit the mark. Try waiting for him to quit barking, or standing outside with him until he quits barking before letting him back inside.
3. With poised and calm treatment to barking dogs: When dogs are excited, they like to bark. For example, “You are home”, “I’m going out to play” … For these times, first of all, you should keep calm and communicate with the dog in a stable tone. If the dog is barking in order to attract your attention, remember not to respond immediately, it will make him think that “As long as I bark, mon/dad will pay attention to me and meet my requirements”, and will continue. After going home, call the dog immediately to express your concern and prevent it from barking.
4. Let barking dog bite a toy to distract attention: When the dog barks, you can stop the barking by letting the dog bite the toy or help you catch things. Of course, remember, dogs should be praised immediately if they do well, so that dogs will think that this is correct, and ignore the reason why they just called. In addition, if your dog likes to bark after you leave home, you can repeatedly rub your dog’s favorite toys several times before leaving home to leave your smell on it. When you are not at home, your dog can find comfort by repeatedly sniffing your scent and playing with toys so that he will not bark casually.
5. Playing with your dog to consume his energy: If your dog likes to bark at night, most of it is because of vigorous energy and wants you to play with it. At this time, you only need to take it out to play for a while after work and consume its physical energy. After that, he’s naturally tired when going back home.
6. Listen to Your Dog: There are many different meanings in the dog’s barking, just like learning a foreign language, as long as you carefully distinguish the dog’s barking, you can also understand the meaning. If you find that the dog’s barking is mixed with a few wailing, it may be asking you not to leave him, or he’ll be afraid. If, after a long crying, a few short sounds continue to appear, this means they just feel boring. The gleeful crying means he wants to play with you more. In fact, as long as you listen carefully, you will be able to understand what your dog is saying and why barking.
Tackling the problem of unwanted barking in your dog is challenging but can be incredibly rewarding afterwards. Oftentimes, by using many of the ways listed above, you and your dog will become closer and soon have a better relationship.
More information about dogs, please click here:https://petzoo.net/forums/forum/dog/