Types of dog bloody stools:
1. Bright red or dark red: generally lower gastrointestinal tract, such as small intestine, rectum, anal bleeding, stool is bright red or dark red, mixed with mucus and pus blood. It may be anal fissure and rectal cancer.
2. Asphalt sample: generally upper gastrointestinal tract, such as esophagus, stomach, duodenal bleeding, blood staying in the intestine for too long, hemoglobin and sulfide combine to form ferrous sulfide, making the stool appear dark black, mixed There is mucus, like tar. Asphalt-like blood generally bleeds more than 60 ml.
3. Occult blood stool: A small amount of gastrointestinal bleeding (less than 5 ml per day) does not cause color changes in the stool, but when the stool is tested, the stool occult blood test is positive. It is commonly seen in gastrointestinal bleeding diseases such as gastric ulcer and gastric cancer. A continuous positive test may be a gastrointestinal tumor, and an intermittent positive test may be a gastrointestinal ulcer.
Causes of dog bloody stools:
1. Gastrointestinal tract injury: The dog swallows foreign bodies to scratch the gastrointestinal tract, gastrointestinal mucosa rupture bleeding.
2. Gastrointestinal inflammation: Pathogens or parasites cause inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, which may be acute enteritis, canine plague, small, pancreatitis, etc. The symptoms of these diseases are very similar, and it is necessary to pay attention to timely treatment and symptomatic treatment.
3. Diseases of intestinal blood circulation disorders: Intestinal intussusception, intestinal obstruction and other diseases due to functional disorders of intestinal blood circulation, leading to intestinal tissue necrosis and bleeding.
4. Improper diet: Dogs often eat some indigestible dog food or lack of vitamins. Long-term unhealthy diet will cause frequent constipation and bloody stools.
Treatment of dog bloody stools
1. Bloody stools caused by foreign body damage: remove the foreign body first, and then carry out repair treatment to avoid causing infection and inflammation.
2. Blood stools caused by pathogens: symptomatic treatment, timely hemostasis, supplement fluids for dogs, adjust electrolyte balance in the body, control the development of inflammation, and avoid secondary infections.
3. Bloody stools caused by parasites: While doing anthelmintic work and hemostasis treatment for dogs, regularly do daily preventive anthelmintic work, paying attention to the cleanliness of the living environment of dogs.
4. Bloody stool caused by intestinal disorders: Seriously adopt the method of surgical treatment, and at the same time do a good job of hemostasis, adjust the electrolyte balance in the body, add water, etc., which will help the dog’s recovery.
More information about dog health problem, please click here: https://petzoo.net/forums/forum/dog/dog-health/