Train Kitten: People often complain that cats are not like dogs, which can understand the language spoken by humans, and are trained. In fact, although cats are not as obedient as dogs, cats can understand human commands. Most of the time, they just don’t want to respond. We can try to do some basic train kitten, which not only allows the cat to communicate better with humans, but also helps to develop a good character for the cat. But because cats are stubborn and sensitive, we need to be extra careful and patient when train kitten.
Following are some methods and precautions you need to keep in mind.
1. The receptivity of kittens is high. You should start training your kitten when they are at 2-3 months of age, when cats are easier to receive training, and lay the foundation for future improvement.
2. Train kitten before feeding is easier. Grasp the timing of the training. The best time to train the cat is before feeding, because the hungry cat is willing to be close to people, more obedient. As food is tempting to the cat, it is easier to train.
3. Train kitten with both rigidity and gentleness, combined with leniency. When training cats, you can neither be tough nor too gentle, and you must combine both rigidity and flexibility. But when training a certain action, don’t use too many ways to avoid cats getting confused.
4. Be kind and patient. Cat has a stubborn character and strong self-esteem, and he doesn’t want to listen to others. Therefore, the attitude should be kind, like playing with a cat. Even if your kitten do something wrong, don’t reprimand or punish too much, otherwise the cat will have an aversion to training, which will affect all the training process.
5. Step by step, do not rush. Only one action can be taught at a time, and several trainings must not be conducted at the same time. It is difficult for a cat to learn many actions at once. If your kitten is not done well, it will also lose confidence and feel bored, which will cause difficulties for future training. Each training time should not be too long, no more than 10 minutes, but you can do more training several times a day.
6. The training environment should be quiet. It is not right to train your kitten with several people at the same time, which will distracting the cat. The movements of training should not be too sudden and can not make a loud noise. Because the cat is very sensitive to loud noises or sudden movements, so as not to scare the cat away and hide to avoid training.
Training from a young age and the influence of the growth environment all play an important role in training kitten. Therefore, don’t neglect the train kitten.
More information about training kitten, please click here:https://petzoo.net/forums/forum/cat/cat-bahavior/