- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
June 4, 2020 at 12:40 pm #2961AnonymousInactive
Before raising a dog, the owner must consider whether he really has time to take the dog for a walk. Taking a dog out for a walk is not only to let the dog solve the toilet problem outside, but also to ensure the daily exercise of the dog, and also to make the dog socialized correctly. Don’t think it’s OK to take dogs for a walk as long as you take them everywhere. The knowledge of walking dogs is very big! Why take the dog out for a walk? Do you really understand as the owner?
Basic knowledge of dog walking:
1. Why a dog should walk. Walking can exercise the dog’s body, ultraviolet light in the sun can also kill the bacteria and parasites on the dog, and it is convenient for the dog to defecate when going out for a walk. Walking a dog is not only good for its health, but also helps it learn how to deal with strangers and other dogs.
2. Time for dog walking. Time for dog walking must be regular. Two times, morning before breakfast at 7:00-8:00, evening after dinner at 10:00-11:00, small dog walk for 20 minutes, medium dog 40-60 minutes is enough.
3. Dog walking place. When walking dogs, it’s better to choose the place you are familiar with, such as the garden (residential community) and small square. The road is a more dangerous place, not only there are many “mechanisms” and “hidden weapons”, but also easy to be hit by cars. If there is a tendency to fight between dogs, pick up your dog quickly. hen taking dogs out for a walk, please wear the traction rope to avoid the dog’s enthusiasm frightening passers-by, and stop the dog in time in case of some accidents
Two or five ways to make the dog obedient and not run around.
1. Kneel beside the sitting dog, hold the collar tightly with one hand, and show it the delicious food to attract its attention with the other hand. At this time, call it the name.
2. Put the food in front of the dog’s nose, command him to “keep up” and walk along the straight line at the same time. The smell of food will tempt the dog to keep up with the dog. At this time, keep your hands low, so as to be ready to grasp the dog’s collar at any time, so as to prevent it from going away. When you stop, order it to “wait.”.
3. Lower the food so that the dog doesn’t jump up, then bend your knees and turn right. Move the food to your front as your body rotates. Repeat the command “follow up” in your mouth. The dog will immediately step up to you to follow the food closely.
4. When the dog is still at your left end, order it to “stop”, then put the food close to the dog’s mouth, and then move to the left, then the dog will follow. Food should be awarded to the dog after each training.
5. When the dog is trained indoors to follow the master’s steps, it is a good preparation for the outdoor following training under the shackles of neck ring and rope. When it learns to follow, it’s a pleasure, not a pain, to go out for a walk with the dog. Clean the dog’s stool in time to avoid causing trouble to others.
Pay attention to walking the dog in the residential community.
1. Avoid dog picking people. Dogs are very fond of being close to and playing with people. Sometimes they will go to make friends with people who are interested. Therefore, the owner should wear a dog chain when walking the dog to avoid the elderly, the disabled, pregnant women and children.
2. Stop barking in time. If you want to have a good neighborhood, it is necessary to stop barking. If the dog can be quiet, he should be praised to know when he will be trained and praised.
3. Pay attention to the cleaning of poop. After poop in public places, the owner should wrap the poop in a prepared bag or paper and throw it into the garbage can, preferably without leaving any trace. If there is a public toilet for dogs in the community, they can be trained to use it.
4. Let the dog play in a safe place. You can select an open place without pedestrians to let them run and play with their partners. If there is a dog walking area in the community, and there is a closed fence around to prevent the dog from running out of the circle, it’s better.
Of course, when you take your dog out of the house, you should remember to hold the leash, and don’t let the dog eat the things on the ground. Don’t criticize those who don’t like dogs or even hate them again. Only from their own civilization can your dog be more acceptable.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.