First check must first observe the dog’s state whether for people or dogs to see a doctor, look, smell, ask, cut is always the most basic. The first thing to do for a dog is to observe the dog’s state first, to see what the dog shows, and then to check the dog in detail. Generally, the diagnosis methods for dogs include visual inspection, palpation, percussion, auscultation, etc., and each method has its corresponding precautions. So let’s talk about the corresponding diagnosis method.
Visual inspection: Visual inspection is to use our naked eyes to directly observe the dog’s overall condition, local condition, secretion and excreta.
1. General condition: Observe the dog’s body shape, gender, age, and nutritional status.
2. Mental state: Look at the dog’s state of excitement or depression.
3. Surface condition: Check whether the dog has any injury or fur.
4. Physiological activity: Whether there are corresponding actions such as shortness of breath, drooling, swallowing, etc. Auscultation usually needs to use stethoscope
Palpation: Palpation is to use fingers, palms and other touch and press to roughly understand the dog’s physiological function, and whether there is damage or abnormality.
1. Body surface condition: Feel whether the dog’s temperature, skin elasticity, scab, or swelling.
2. Heartbeat: Feel the intensity and frequency of dog’s heart beat, and whether there is rhythm disorder.
3. Abdomen: Check whether the dog’s abdomen has tension, pain and softness when touching.
Percussion: Percussion can be divided into direct percussion and indirect percussion. Direct percussion is to directly use fingers or percussion hammer to percussion the dog’s parts to be examined. Indirect percussion refers to putting a vibration enhancing shaving on the percussed part for percussion. During percussion, pay attention to the quiet environment, and select the percussion part not blindly. The percussion board or the percussed finger should be placed on the percussed part, which should be tight but not forced. The percussion force should be moderate and not excessive.
Auscultation: Generally speaking, auscultation requires the help of a stethoscope, so it may be difficult to carry out the auscultation at home. Moreover, even if there is a stethoscope, the general owners may not understand how it is normal and how it is problematic, so it is better to go to the hospital for diagnosis.