- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by Anonymous.
May 21, 2020 at 12:07 pm #2024AnonymousInactive
The causes of depression may vary greatly from one pet to another. If the pet at home is too timid to see any unfamiliar person or thing, it will be afraid for a long time, so the pet is more likely to suffer from depression; if the pet is not healthy enough, lacks some trace elements, or suffers from other physical diseases for a long time, the physical pain is also easy to lead to psychological depression. If one day, you find that your beloved dog has to shout twice all day long when he is free, the beloved cat can’t eat for some reason, or they don’t respond to your caress very coldly, in this case, they may have depression. The causes of pet depression may come from pet itself, external environment and pet owners.
Different pets may have different reasons for depression. If the pet at home is too timid to see any unfamiliar person or thing, it will be afraid for a long time, so the pet is more likely to suffer from depression; if the pet is not healthy enough, lacks some trace elements, or suffers from other physical diseases for a long time, the physical pain is also easy to lead to psychological depression. Solution: pet owners should take good care of their pets to prevent them from being frightened, and they should help them to cure their physical diseases first.
The external environment
1. The living environment changes suddenly. If the living environment changes suddenly, such as being sent to the host’s friend’s home for foster care, or the host’s home is moved to a new house, the pet will generally show a little maladjustment and feel at a loss. Solution: pet owners can take their pets to experience the new environment in advance, and can prepare better material conditions for them in the new environment, such as a more warm nest, more delicious food, more lovely toys, so that they can have shelter when they are nervous.
2. If new members come to the family with new pets or friends, or a new baby, they will feel left out and feel depressed. Solution: pet owners must be fully prepared in advance, so that the arrival of new members to make the family pet happy. For example, we can deliberately show a little coldness to other pets when there are no other pets, but show special care and love to other pets when they come, so that they will become expecting other pets to come. If you are about to have a new baby, try to familiarize the pet with the taste of some baby products before the baby is born.
3. The separation of cats, dogs, rabbits, birds, tortoises and other small animals from pet owners will feel very uneasy, nervous and even depressed when the owners leave home without taking them out. Solution: before leaving home, the host may as well leave some delicious snacks for pet to enjoy, preferably some good taste it has never enjoyed. When pet is busy enjoying delicious food, it can also alleviate the pain of missing.
The attitude of pet owners to pets is a key factor.
1. If the pet owner goes out early and comes back late every day, and doesn’t have time to accompany the little guy or take him out for a walk in the long holidays like may day and November day, this kind of pet that is often ignored and can’t leave the house will easily cause depression and anxiety, or even self mutilation to vent the annoyance in his heart. Solution: pet owners should spend more time taking care of their pets, or find a partner for them, so as not to lead a lonely and monotonous life.
2. If the family atmosphere of the pet owner is tense and family war breaks out from time to time, the life of the pet will not be easy. In this kind of environment, pets are prone to fear and uneasiness, which will lead to depression over time. Solution: in this case, to change your pet’s depression, you should first change it to a more relaxed environment.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by petzoo.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.