- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by Anonymous.
June 8, 2020 at 1:22 pm #3151AnonymousInactive
In the daily feeding of puppies and kittens, we should not only pay attention to the hair care and nutrition supplement, but also pay attention to the diseases of the ear canal, which are more important and common. Many owners wait until the puppies keep shaking their heads, or constantly find the sofa or bedside position to walk back and forth and rub their ears. For the more serious ones, they scratch the back of the ear with their hind legs almost every day It makes some uncomfortable and even howling sounds, and some owners have reached the condition of hematoma or even suppurative infection when they find the baby’s ears have problems. So why do dogs and cats have behaviors or diseases that we haven’t seen in humans? How to prevent and care?
There are many causes of ear canal diseases, such as bacterial infection, fungal infection, mite infection or mixed infection, increase of internal humidity or temperature of ear canal, formation of excessive ear wax, allergic reaction, endocrine disorders, abnormal keratinization, foreign body stimulation, etc., which may cause ear canal diseases. Microscopical observation of urticaria auriculata.
1. For healthy dogs and cats, such as Husky, Samoye, black back, kirky, etc., check whether there are foreign matters in the lower ear canal at least every week, and use mild ear oil or cleaning fluid to help clean (the cleaner should avoid high alcohol, which can only be used for treatment but not for prevention). Prevention is better than cure.
2. For dogs with drooping ears, such as Jingba, Bago, Labrador, Jinmao, spenger, biger and bagido, which are not easy to breathe, the owners of these breeds of dogs need to check and clean their ears frequently, and extra efforts are needed. When the dogs are sleeping, you need to properly help open the ears to expose the ears and let the ears breathe freely It is an effective way to prevent ear diseases.
3. For dogs with too much inner ear hair in the ear canal, such as Teddy, Bichon, schnauzer, Yorkshire, etc., from one and a half months ago, they should be used to touch the fingers of people, open the ears, drop the ear plucking powder, gently apply the ear root, evenly coat it, after ten minutes, clean the ear hair until it is free of hair, and then clean it with ear oil, at least once a month Clean the ear canal at least twice a week.
4. For dogs or cats with abnormal secretion or smell in the ear canal, first ask the doctor to check what causes it (the above reasons need to be considered), then introduce the medication, symptomatic treatment and cleaning methods in the notes. It is forbidden for the owner to use drugs at home at will, which results in serious drug resistance and ear canal hyperplasia of pets. A good pet doctor will help the owner clean up the ear canal in time and take the best treatment plan, which will not only save the owner’s time, but also give advice suitable for your baby.
5. Serious otitis externa. If the baby’s ear is found to have strong pain or purulent secretion, it is necessary to go to the hospital to ask a doctor for help in examination and diagnosis. The diagnosis is not complicated, but how to treat it is more complicated. Please do not neglect or carelessly. The doctor will help your dog deal with long-term factors, remove dirt, and use technical irrigation to eliminate inflammation and infection.
There are six steps for pet owners to clean their ears at home: 1. Pour the product into the ear canal. 2. Massage the bottom of the ear. 3. Remove excess fluid that has not been absorbed. 4. Let pets shake their heads freely. 5. Clean again. 6. Clean the ear canal with the cotton swab fixed on the head of the cotton swab dipped in the liquid medicine, without any dead angle (select the cotton swab with good quality to clean, so as to avoid the tribe of the head of the cotton swab in the ear canal).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.