- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Anonymous.
May 20, 2020 at 2:24 pm #1944AnonymousInactive
First, let the dog stay in the cage and be familiar with it for a period of time. Although most of the time, the dog can move freely at home, it is also important for the dog to adapt to the life in the cage. This is very helpful for our future foster care or consignment, and if we can’t stay at home for some reasons, it’s relatively safe to leave the dog alone in the cage.
The method of training into the cage:
1. Food induction. First use food to attract their attention, then use food to lure the dog into the cage. When the dog enters the cage, praise him while feeding him food. Then guide the dog out of the cage with food. Praise the dog in time after finishing. Do it over and over again.
2. Do not close the door directly after entering the cage. Do not pay attention to the door as soon as the dog enters the cage, so the dog may be frightened. To placate the dog while slowly watching the cage, if the dog wants to come out to stop them, if they obey the instructions to reward.
3. Let the dog stay quiet for a while. After closing the door, walk away first, and let the dog’s stomach get familiar with it. Don’t respond even if the dog barks. If the dog is still in the cage, praise him and reward him appropriately after he is released.
Problems to pay attention to when closing the cage during training:
1. Don’t open the door even if it is noisy. Never let the dog out of the cage when it is noisy or grabbing the door. The dog will think that this way of complaining will bring freedom. It’s better to ignore it. Only open the door to let it out after it is quiet or calm down.
2. Don’t use the cage as a starting tool at ordinary times. If the dog makes mistakes at ordinary times, it’s better not to use the cage as a punishment, so as to avoid the dog connecting the cage with the bad things.
3. Don’t disturb the dog in the cage. If there are children at home, don’t let the children disturb the dog in the cage at will. Not only the children, but also the whole family. When the dog enters the cage, don’t disturb it.
4. Don’t shut down for a period of time and relax. The owner should not be complacent because he has succeeded. A dog who does not make mistakes for several weeks does not mean that he has been domesticated, and the training needs to be continued, or the dog will soon forget. The cage size should be appropriate.
Pay attention to the cage selection:
1. More specifically, select the cage of appropriate size. For the size selection, the cage length is better than twice the dog’s body length. In this way, the dog can have enough space to move, even if it grows up, it will not be too crowded.
2. The cage should be stronger. For smaller dogs, the wire can be used, but for larger dogs, the square iron bar should be selected, which is much stronger than the wire.
3. The cage structure is reasonable. It is better to have a tray at the bottom of the cage, which is convenient for cleaning the dog’s stool. The bottom plate of the square iron bar dog cage is movable and can be taken out for cleaning. But if there is no tray, the dog’s stool will stick on it, so it’s more troublesome to clean up.
4. Keep the cage clean. Because it is excreted in the cage, the poop of the dog is easy to touch the bottom of the cage, so it is necessary to clean the cage every day. If you don’t clean up the dirt in time, it is easy to breed bacteria in the cage, which is also quite harmful to the dog’s health.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.