- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by Anonymous.
July 18, 2020 at 10:21 am #3955AnonymousInactive
The fish tank has been left for a long time. We often attach some scale in the fish tank near the water surface. The scale affects the appearance. We need to remove it in time. There are also many special methods and methods in the removal of scale, which require our attention.
Generally speaking, this situation will be less obvious in a water plant tank with Carbon Dioxide, because it makes the water weakly acidic, which can just neutralize the calcium carbonate attached to the tank wall, so as long as the water level is overwhelmed by the scale, the scale will naturally occur. Disappear, but if you habitually add the water level to a position close to the top of the tank like me, it is difficult to flood the scale left before because the water level can no longer be higher, and it will still cause scale adhesion problems in the long term. It still has to be moderately cleaned. However, players should be very clear that the adhesion of this scale is really not covered. If you want to harden it, it will hurt the aquarium, so you still have to use the right cleaning method.
It is recommended to use citric acid for cleaning. The citric acid used for this food can be bought in general hardware stores. It is usually used to clean the scale of the hot water tank or kettle of the water dispenser, because it is an acidic substance that can neutralize the scale. (Calcium carbonate), so it is also very suitable for cleaning the scale on the aquarium.
Mix some citric acid with water, and then use white cotton dipped in the acidic water to smear the scale on the aquarium. Special reminder, just apply it lightly, no need to wipe hard, because it will automatically dissolve the scale and wipe with excessive force On the contrary, it is easy to scratch the cylinder wall, and the scale disappears quickly after applying it back and forth several times.
However, you may be worried about whether this citric acid water flowing into the aquarium will cause negative effects. In fact, you don’t need to worry about it, because the amount of citric acid needed to clean the aquarium is very small, plus the lemon used in this food. As soon as the acid enters the aquarium, it is diluted again, which has a limited effect on the pH value of the aquarium. If you are still worried about this problem, it is recommended to change the water after cleaning, so that the acidity of citric acid will have a greater impact on water quality. Small.
Secondly, the scale is generally all alkaline substances, which are neutralized by acid and alkali, so it can be removed with acidic ones. For example, the water in the north is harder and has a higher Ph value. If you do not wipe the cylinder wall for a period of time, scale may occur. You can choose to clean the fish tank when changing the water, release more water, and dip a cloth in white vinegar, but be careful not to get close to the water surface when scrubbing. If it gets in the water, it will be diluted in the tank. The vinegar does not need to be too much. If the water level rises, the scale will not be visible when the water level rises.
In addition, you can also use baking soda to clean up, remove all the water and fish in the fish tank, empty the bottom sand, add half a tank of water to soak half a catty of baking soda, and soak all the limescale areas with a damp cloth. One minute later, you can wipe it off with a steel wire ball. It is also a good choice. If you are afraid of scratching the cylinder, you can also choose to use a toothbrush.
Sometimes we will see a thin film on the water. Commonly known by aquarists as “oil film”, this is also a kind of scale, which is actually a protein-like organic substance precipitated in water. There are many ways to solve this oil film:
1. Generally, large fish tanks that are filtered by overflow will open an overflow port on the water surface to directly introduce the oil film into the filtration system for filtration and decomposition.
2. A small tank with upper filter, waterfall and other methods can be added to the water surface to add a water inlet to directly absorb the oil film. If the hands are not strong, there are finished products in the aquarium store and Taobao.com, called the oil film remover. However, this kind of oil film remover is not recommended to be used on the filter barrel, because it may cause a large amount of air to be sucked in the filter barrel, interfere with the normal operation of the pump, or even burn the pump.
3. If the tank is too small, or there is no condition to add degreasing film hardware, you can put some “Black Mary”, this kind of upper-layer fish, always looking for food on the water surface and swallowing the oil film. You can also use a small cup to press into the water regularly, the mouth of the cup is close to the water surface, so that the water on the surface overflows into the cup, and the oil film is manually removed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.