- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Anonymous.
May 25, 2020 at 2:06 pm #2240AnonymousInactive
The Pekingese Dogs’ lumbar disease can be large or small, if the situation is serious, it is likely to cause paralysis of the dog, so usually for the dog lumbar protection must be done well. Pekingese Dog is a kind of dog that is very easy to suffer from lumbar disease. Of course, there are many reasons for the disease, which may be due to carelessness in daily life habits or disease, so we must guard against the lumbar disease of Pekingese Dogs.
1. Genetic factors: almost all of these diseases received by general pet hospitals are Jingba (white, brown);
2. Nutritional disorders: Pekingese Dog has weak absorption of calcium and should be supplemented with enough calcium. It’s not good to feed bones alone. Calcium tablets containing vitamin A and vitamin D should be fed daily. It is necessary to reduce the amount of dog food with high content of viscera and viscera, especially do not feed too much liver, which is rich in vitamin A, which is necessary for the body. However, eating too much vitamin A will also lead to poisoning. Too much vitamin A in the body will inhibit the absorption and activation of vitamin D, so eating too much food rich in vitamin A for a long time will inevitably lead to the lack of vitamin D in the body, and vitamin D plays an important role in the absorption of calcium and calcium deposition in the bone, and the lack of vitamin D will lead to calcium deficiency.
2. In addition, the imbalance of the ratio of calcium and phosphorus in the liver is also an important factor causing calcium deficiency. Calcium deficiency can cause osteoporosis, hyperosteogeny, rickets and deformity, and affect the development of teeth. The above symptoms are a gradual process, which is often late when you find out.
3. Wrong posture: most owners like to hold the dog’s armpit with both hands and lift it vertically, sometimes shaking violently, which will damage the spine. Patients with lumbar disc herniation usually appear symptoms after 2 years old, mostly concentrated in 5 years old. Dogs suffering from acute lumbar disc herniation suddenly feel back pain, hind legs and tail can not move and no sense, howling and rolling when the pain is serious. The symptoms of chronic lumbar disc herniation are similar to cramping, curling up of hind limbs, scratching of front limbs, sometimes rolling or incontinence. After a few minutes, the symptoms disappeared. If you mistakenly think it is a general cramp without treatment, it will lead to aggravation of the condition. The symptoms of cramping and rolling frequently occur. Finally, the intervertebral disc completely compresses the nerve, resulting in paralysis. It can be seen that the lack of nutrients, the wrong posture of holding the dog and so on may cause the occurrence of lumbar diseases in Pekingese Dogs.
Therefore, we must pay more attention to the protection of their waist at ordinary times, and do not always let them go up and down the stairs, because this is a great pressure on their spine.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.