Mouth is the entrance of the digestive tract, responsible for the initial processing of dog food, oral problems are bound to affect the dog’s eating and health. So what is the procedure and treatment of dog oral examination?
1. Oral examination: Appearance examination: occlusion of upper and lower jaw, tooth arrangement, tooth integrity, retention of deciduous teeth, heterogenesis, calculus, halitosis, growth of swelling, swelling and atrophy of gingiva, etc. Periodontal pocket exploration: check whether the depth of periodontal pocket changes through periodontal probe.
2. X-ray examination. Whether there is alveolar osteolysis, whether there is mandible dissolution, whether there is apical infection.
3. Laboratory examination. Blood routine examination and blood biochemical examination. Note: if there is tumor in the oral cavity, it is necessary to conduct cytological examination for tumor puncture, and judge whether to add B-ultrasound or chest X-ray examination according to the results.
1. Removal of retained deciduous teeth. If there is dental calculus, ultrasonic cleaning can be used, followed by home care (brushing, drinking oral care solution, eating dog food or other oral care products, such as chewing gum, etc.). If there is no calculus, after the extraction of the deciduous teeth, carry out home oral care.
2. Gingivitis. Ultrasonic cleaning, oral antibiotics, daily oral care at home.
3. Periodontitis. Ultrasonic cleaning, loose tooth extraction, root tip infection tooth extraction, antibiotic treatment, if there is a fistula, it needs to be cleaned. Finally, family oral care was carried out.
4. Tooth fracture. Fresh wound can be treated by root canal therapy, implant or direct extraction. If there is already root canal infection, treatment plan should be made according to the infection status. Root canal therapy can be selected if the infection is not to the apex. If there is apical infection or alveolar osteolysis, the teeth should be extracted directly. Daily oral care is still required after returning home.
Do a good job in the dog’s oral examination, find the disease and treat it in time. Let your beloved dogs have a good appetite every day!