It is difficult to cure the stone completely when the dog has stone. Even if the stone is removed now, the possibility of recurrence is very high. For some very large stones, they may not be removed at one time, so let’s talk about the precautions and routine treatment after dogs get kidney stones.
We should pay attention to the following points in the diet:
1. Increase the intake of calcium: enough calcium will combine with oxalic acid, and be discharged from the feces, so as to reduce the absorption of calcium by the intestinal tract, of course, it will reduce the chance of stone production. Therefore, drinking more milk will not increase the stone, but help to reduce the probability of stone.
2. Reduce the intake of oxalic acid: spinach, tea and other foods containing more oxalic acid should be reduced.
3. Reduce sodium intake: the diet should be light, and canned and processed foods should be reduced as much as possible. Eat more potassium containing foods, such as bananas.
4. Reducing the intake of meat: reducing the intake of animal protein can reduce the chance of stone formation.
5. Drink more water and exercise: drink water every day. More exercise can reduce the loss of bone calcium, and then reduce the production of stones. The intake of protein should be limited. The total daily intake of protein should be between 48-80 g (0.8-1.0 g / kg / day). Generally, vegetables with leaves contain about 10 grams of protein per 500g, lean meat contains about 10 grams of protein per 50 grams, and cereals contain 35-60 grams of protein per 500g. Increase the amount of fresh vegetables and fruits. Vegetables and fruits contain vitamin B1 and vitamin C.