- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
May 25, 2020 at 1:55 pm #2215AnonymousInactive
Like German shepherd dog, this large dog will grow faster in childhood, so in this period of time, we must pay more attention to its food selection and eating conditions, otherwise it may cause dog malnutrition, small size and so on. If there is anorexia in Demu at this time, it will obviously have an impact on their bodies, so let’s look at some causes and solutions of Demu’s anorexia.
1. In the hot summer, many dogs will eat less. Sometimes they may not want to eat, but other aspects are normal. This may be due to high temperature. Solution: make sure the indoor temperature is cool as much as possible, and prepare enough clean drinking water for the dog. The water can effectively regulate the dog’s temperature.
2. Psychological problems: some German herdsmen just don’t like to eat food with a certain taste, or the smell of food has disappeared after being opened for too long, or the pressure caused by the change of environment will also lead to their unwillingness to eat. Solution: if it’s not caused by pickiness, you can temporarily mix some cans in the main food, or heat the frozen food to stimulate the smell, or use the self-made food temporarily according to the instructions of the veterinary nutritionist. It can also be tried to gradually change into another flavor of grain, or change into small bags of grain and keep it sealed. If it is because of environmental pressure, it is possible to find out the source of pressure, increase toys in the environment, increase the time of daily activities, and improve the relationship with other pets.
3. Medication side effects: if the pet is anorexic after taking a certain drug, it is likely that the drug affects the dog’s appetite. Solution: don’t stop the medication by yourself. Be sure to consult with your doctor. The doctor will decide whether to continue to use the medicine according to the health of the pet, and look for alternative medicine.
4. Dogs can’t smell food, usually through their nose. If olfactory decline is caused by upper respiratory tract infection or other reasons, appetite will also be reduced. At the same time, if the nose is blocked, it will also lead to poor breathing when eating, and then the appetite will drop. Solution: find out the cause of olfactory decline.
5. The most direct cause of anorexia may be gastrointestinal discomfort. If it is accompanied by depression, vomiting and diarrhea, it is likely to be gastroenteritis, intestinal parasites, intestinal bacteria imbalance, even peptic ulcer, obstruction and other problems. However, it should be noted that gastrointestinal problems may be caused by other diseases, and other possibilities need to be excluded while treating gastrointestinal symptoms. Solution: if the dog likes to put everything in his mouth, it’s better to take an X-ray to eliminate the possibility of obstruction of intestinal foreign bodies. Blood tests can also tell us whether the body has inflammation or other diseases. The treatment plan depends on the diagnosis.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.