Your Pet Knowledge Library!
Home › Forums › Dog › Dog Training › Some Tips about Dog Agility Training
Tagged: Dog Training
1. Ensure Success; Use lots of encouragement and praise when your dog is successful. You should keep your early home training sessions short, no more than five or 10 minutes at a time.
2. Increase Attention; You can foster greater attention by teaching your dog to make eye contact with you on a cue like Watch Me or Look.
3. Teach Tricks; Tricks let you improve training techniques like your timing and the placement of rewards.
4. Develop Flexibility; Tricks that increase a dog’s flexibility are great for agility training.
5. Work on Handling; So much of what happens on the agility course depends on how well an owner handles his or her dog.
6. Increase Dogs’ Body Awareness;
7. Build Confidence With Moving Objects
8. Conquer Fear of the Dark
9. Jump for Joy; Jumping is a critical agility skill and an easy one to practice at home. Use a broomstick or other pole and balance it between two low objects.