If you have cats and dogs and you love to fiddle with flowers and plants, you must pay attention to that many plants are likely to cause poisoning or death if they let their mischievous cats and dogs eat food. Following have arranged ten plants for you. If your cat and dog are curious eaters, Following advises you not to keep the following plants.
1. Lilies: Lilies’ leaves, pollen and petals may cause renal failure in cats. Other symptoms include vomiting, drowsiness, loss of appetite, etc. When the cat catches the lily and licks the paw, Lily toxin may enter the body. If not treated, the toxin can attack within 36 to 72 hours, and some cats may even die.
2. Bamboo: When the cat touches bamboo, it may cause skin inflammation, stomatitis, etc. due to the stimulation caused by the contact.
3. Corn potted plants: May cause vomiting, loss of appetite, increase the incidence of depression and drooling, and may also make the pupil of the cat bigger, affecting vision.
4. The juice of Pothos is poisonous. If people eat it by mistake, it will cause redness and diarrhea of lips and inflammation of skin. Evergreen also contains neurotoxins. Cats and dogs will continue to drool after poisoning, and even suffer from limb ataxia and other symptoms.
5. Taro: Also known as elephant eared taro. It is similar to evergreen in toxicity to cats and dogs. After oral administration, it will cause irritation, increase saliva secretion, and may cause dysphagia and vomiting.
6. Cyclamen: Corm is toxic, causing diarrhea, vomiting, epilepsy, etc.
7. Velveteen: Velveteen can also stimulate the mouth of animals, including the tongue and lips. Animals may have difficulty drooling, vomiting, or swallowing as a result.
8. Fortune tree: Also known as Malaba chestnut. Although it is not fatal to cats, it may cause vomiting or diarrhea. It is necessary to avoid biting or touching cats.
9. Aloe plant: May cause vomiting in dogs and cats, even light red urine.
10. Poinsettia: Although it has no fatal toxicity, it can also stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and cause diarrhea or vomiting.