- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by Anonymous.
May 23, 2020 at 11:51 am #2165AnonymousInactive
In the process of raising dogs, it is necessary to teach them how to defecate in a fixed place, sleep in a fixed place, follow the rules of diet and learn some basic skills, which are inseparable from normal training. However, it is also important to train the dog. If the dog shows outstanding performance, he should be rewarded. If the dog shows poor performance, he should be punished in time. Only when the reward and punishment are clear can the dog improve.
The purpose of rewarding dogs. Criticizing and educating pet dogs is very simple. It’s easy to yell at them, pat their forehead or buttocks. Besides the owner’s praise, food is the best and most direct way to reward. There is too much food to be a gift for dog training. Snacks, such as chicken liver, biscuits, beef jerky and so on, which can not be eaten by dogs in normal times, can be used as prize food. Reward food is usually given to the dog after the dog successfully completes the training task, in order to better stimulate the dog to remember the training content, so that it can participate in the training obediently next time, then it can give the dog some snacks. Of course, it’s worth noting that you should also pay attention to the amount of snacks to reward the dog, not to reward the dog in a big package. You can reward the dog in a small amount, which can not only achieve the purpose of reward, but also prevent the dog from being choosy (supporting snacks without dog food).
Key points to reward dogs:
1. Reward contents can be dog’s favorite food, favorite toys, a little caress or just a compliment.
2. The timing of rewards is important. If you just want to build a good relationship with your dog, you don’t have to think about timing. However, if you want to guide the dog to establish a habit, it is best to reward the dog immediately within 3 seconds after he has made the right behavior, so as to get the best effect.
3. Rewards should not be rampant. It’s best to fix one or two toys or snacks for reward only occasionally. If a dog asks for a reward, it will gradually develop a sense of dominance.
The way to reward dogs: Food can be said to be the most straightforward way to reward dogs, which is also a common way to reward dogs in training. But this food can’t be very big or something the dog doesn’t like to eat. The food should be small and attractive to the dog, so the dog will be interested in good performance in order to eat it.
Toy reward: When the dog performs well, the toy can also be used as a reward method. You can give the toy to the dog to play for him or play with him for a while. The dog will be very happy. But the most important thing about this kind of reward is not to mix the toy as reward with the toy that the dog usually plays with. Dogs are very fond of the new and dislike the old, so they usually put away the toys for reward and use them only when they are training, so they will have full attraction to dogs.
Touch reward: Although there is no food or play for the dog, your further care and attention will make it very satisfied. When the dog performs well, squatting down, stroking his head, tickling his neck or scratching under his ears will let him know that he is doing well this time, and continue to do well in this way. You know, dogs are very concerned about their position in the owner’s heart. The more you let them think you value them, the better they will perform. It’s like a child.
1. Don’t give rewards casually. Reward when it does the whole action continuously, or praise when it behaves well.
2. The tone of oral praise should be lively and enthusiastic, so that it can fully feel the encouragement and happy mood of the host after making the correct action, so as to enhance the training effect.
3. When choosing reward food, the less preservative additives, the better. Choose different food according to different ages of dogs.
4. Food must be what dogs like to eat, not what they spend hard to buy at last. Dogs perform very well in the training process, but the reward food is what they don’t like, so dogs will be disappointed.
5. The size of the toy should be selected according to the size of the dog and the degree that the dog likes it, so as to avoid unnecessary trouble caused by the toy being swallowed by the dog, so the safety must be put in the first place. Toys can be selected from the ones that dogs usually like, or the ones that dogs have never seen. It’s a bit fresh. After all, dogs are curious.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.